During this masterclass discover how to commercialise your social research through social entrepreneurship.
Traditionally when we speak about the commercialisation of research, the focus is on creating financial value through the commercialisation of STEM research (science, technology, engineering and mathematics research). This masterclass takes a different approach: it focuses on supporting HASS researchers (humanities, arts and social sciences researchers) to create social value through the commercialisation of their research.
Topics covered during this masterclass include:
- Identifying the most appropriate social entrepreneurship approach for commercialising your research
- Incorporating research into the apprenticing with a problem process
- Identifying tools to assist with turning social research into social innovations
- Institutionalising a social innovation through the creation of a social enterprise
- Developing a system for measuring social performance, and
- Publishing at various stages of the commercialisation process
Community Capacity Builders delivers the Commercialising Social Research through Social Entrepreneurship Masterclass to groups of participants by working in partnership with Universities.